Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Should I look for seasonal summer work in Colorado, Washington State, Canada or Alaska this summer


Should I look for seasonal summer work in Colorado, Washington State, Canada or Alaska this summer?
NO east coast! I'm talking about working @ a seasonal summer resort hotel or something like that. I worked in Skagway but people tell me there is much more to Alaska than that~ I was born in Fairbanks & I KNOW many of these places in AK (not uncommon ) are NOT accessible by road. which is the only sucky thing lol.
Other - United States - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
colorado, there are a lot of summer jobs in colorado
2 :
I'd go to Colorado. It's beautiful there, and there are plenty of job opportunities ranging from ranches and resorts to summer camps. Good luck!
3 :
The Canadian Rockies are a ton of fun in the summer - Banff and Canmore in Alberta have tons of jobs, and a great balance of beautiful scenery and good nightlife. Looking at your list, you are going to win with any of those choices. I envy you...
4 :
Sigh, to be young again and be able to just pick up and go somewhere adventurous for the summer. Well, if you are from Alaska why not try Washington State? Colorado is awesome too. Both have some beautiful wilderness and both have some amazing metropolitan areas too. Good luck--(and I am so jealous).
5 :
Unfortunately there aren't any great paying summer jobs in Alaska unless you have special skills (aviation mechanic comes to mind). If you want to come back to Alaska that's one thing but if that's not your motivation you'll never make up the transportation costs. Colorado's seasonal work is in the winter... (ski resorts) not the summer. There is seasonal work in Washington and Oregon anywhere there are resorts. The pay isn't great but it's a good place to spend a summer.