Friday, December 14, 2012

Can you go to dental school in washington, and work as a dentist in california


Can you go to dental school in washington, and work as a dentist in california?
I have wanted to be a dentist since I was a young child, but in my senior year of high school, decided that I didn't want to own my business and thought about changing my career path. I was talking to my mother who works as a Psych Tech Nurse at a state prison, and she told me about the dentist at the prison. I was sold! I am currently pursuing my career path to become a dentist, and work at a California State Prison, but I really want to go to University of Washington School of Dentistry. Is it possible to graduate from UWSD and be able to work in California and take state boards without having to take additional schooling or tests? Please help!
Dental - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Yes, your degrees count everywhere in the U.S unless we have to get a degree everywhere if we ever want to move someplace new and still work.
2 :
EACH STATE MAY HAVE LICENSING REQ.
3 :
You can attend ANY dental school in the US and upon earning your DDS/DMD, you can practice in ANY state of the union as long as you pass the state's dental board exam. When you graduate from dental school in Washington state, you need not take their dental board exam if you do not plan to practice there. So YES, you can practice dentistry in CA even if you attended UWSD and you only need to pass the CA dental Board exams (written and practical). No additional schooling is necessary.