Saturday, December 1, 2012

I need to find an affordable home repair contractor for the Washington, DC area


I need to find an affordable home repair contractor for the Washington, DC area?
My home is old and it needs a lot of work. However, I am on a fixed budget, and I need a contractor who can do anything from drywall, painting, yard work and plumbing, etc. To get a contractor to do work in the Washington, DC area is hard, because certain parts of DC has a lot of historical site laws which can place lot of restrictions on home owners and contractors. I need help before my old house becomes a serious problem.
Small Business - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Good luck, I would try going to craigslist, look through there, and always get estimates first. Get everything in writing, and tell them you only pay as the work is done, so if they say $2000 to paint your house, tell them to paint, and submit a bill weekly for the work completed, and you'll pay them weekley.
2 :
I'm sure there are a few in Maryland and Virginia who could help you as well.