Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Education in Switzerland with a certificate - any chances to work in USA


Education in Switzerland with a certificate - any chances to work in USA?
Okay, I'm going to start to study a profession here in Switzerland this summer. We call it apprenticeship, but I guess it would be kind of equal to a college degree in the states. My problem is, the bachelor in USA is kinda something else than the bachelor here. I'm really confused with all this stuff ... So I will learn the profession businesswoman. I guess it's like working in administration .. but I will be specialized in travel, so I'm going to be a travel agent after I'm done with my apprenticeship, here in Switzerland. Do I have chances in the states to work in an administration, as receptionist or just simply a travel agent? My dream is to live and work in Amerika, that'd be totally great. By the way, I'm 15, but that doesn't matter, I'm just concerned about my future.
Immigration - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
"My dream is to live and work in Amerika" If 0bama gets his way you will have a good shot at it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amerika_(TV_miniseries) Seriously though, if you apprentice in travel, your best bet is at a travel agency or maybe with a large corporation that does lots of travel. "Do not come to the U.S Worst place ever!" France awaits you, lib.
2 :
Eww! Do not come to this sewer! The people are brainwashed by the media. All racial groups are racist and against each other. There are gangs everywhere! Rich females are whorish and slutty (with fake plastic all over their bodies) Do not come to the U.S Worst place ever!
3 :
Good for you!! In America, it takes 4 years to get a Bachelor's degree! My grand daughter is in her first year to become a nurse! She said it's like being back in High school and has to take English and Math along with all the medical stuff. Anyway, as for a job in travel, languages should be at the top of your list. English, French, Spanish (American style if you want to live in the USA, it is different from European Spanish! check it out!) Then business Administration, knowledge of Geography, yes, and Math too! How to use computers, and some graphics wouldn't hurt. You could go into the Net and check out what you would have to have to get an American Bachelor's degree, and compare that with your studies. One last thing, it would be good for you to try to get employment with an International Agency, where you could possibly to be sent to different countries including America. Being a Travel Agent is NOT a glamorous job sitting behind a desk, but you could think about being a courier for a Travel Agency! Knowing different languages would definately be a plus in that field!! You would have to know different countries' customs, so as not to get the whole group into trouble. I think, if I was young again, I would love to do that! You could get your feet wet around , think about this ok!.